new background

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Help

I am really not doing a good job with my blogging, but I'm working on it.  On to another random blog subject- books!  I love, love, love to read.  I only read for fun and enjoy books from pretty much any category.  I just read this book and it really is so good I had to put it on here.  It is an easy read and just really fantastic.  Its set in Jackson, MS in 1962 and written with the black women who worked as maids and nannies in the homes of well-off white families in the south.  Its just a really good read and one that you feel yourself identifying with parts of every character somehow.  It is one of those books when you finish it you know its going to be around for a long time.  Its just good.  Clearly I'm not so great at book reviews, but just read it and tell me what you think!  Its the best book I've read in a while.

2 comments:

  1. uno, i also loved this book! i've got everyone i know reading it! dos, i feel like maybe starting a blog should be in my future...you have one, now kevin has one, maybe i'm supposed to be next!? as much as i love reading them, surely i could write one. who knows! don't forget about "cats" on sunday! i'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should definitely start a blog! its the thing to do for old people :) it really was such a good book! and i am excited about cats! i'll probably blog about it!

    ReplyDelete