new background

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I know its not Music Monday....but can you teach me how to Dougie?

I know its not Music Monday, but no one really reads my blog anyway to keep up with any sort of Webbsite blogging standards, and this is pretty important and I have to share with those not so fortunate to be in a city on the cutting edge of hip hop and R&B.  If you met Mrs. Sarah Farmer, you might not realize she is a closet hard core hip hop and R&B fan but she busted in to pedo this morning and dropped this little jewel on me and changed the pace of pretty much my entire day so I just had to share.  Sarah explained that she listens to Memphis' K97FM almost exclusively while riding to and from school every day and they play this "like a million times a day and we just have to hear it".  Sooooo here you it.  This beat was bubble gum, so I had to chew it:



Amazing right?  Kind of can't stop listening to it.  If you're like me and are not so much rhythmic or dancey, you might find this instructional video helpful:



2 comments:

  1. I have heard of this here phenomenon, all the way up yonder in East TN...amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i think i love it. if you have no voice, at least you can practice your dance moves...and i'd start with this.

    ReplyDelete