new background

Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday...My Own Sinking Ship

My new favorite song is "My Own Sinking Ship" by Good Old War.  XM radio has been playing it a lot lately, and I really like it.  I also have a feeling that its one of those songs that is going to get played a million times and I'm going to hate it later, so lets enjoy it while it lasts!



A couple of other favorite songs that are older, but I really love and they don't get a lot of radio time, are Band of Horses- Funeral:



And Drive by Truckers- Two Daughters and a Wife.  I love, love, love this song.  This is one of my top ten songs.  Its sad and sweet and kind of haunting and you can just listen to it over and over:



If you like Drive by Truckers, they are playing at Minglewood Hall in Memphis on September 17.

2 comments:

  1. good old war singer dude is making me nervous with all his gyrating...but def a good tune

    love.love.love the funeral its on my pandora all the time:) had never seen the video though...not to impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahhh he is quite the gyrator. he might need a stage coach. and i dont know if there's another video for the funeral but i agree this ones pretty weak!

    ReplyDelete